Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Document Cam in Negative View


Third day of school. Yesterday I read a story to my class while showing the pictures on the document camera. I have a Samsung SDP-850 Compact Digital Presenter camera in my classroom. I like the way it works. Its easy to use and has impressive zoom capabilities. My only qualm is the poor lighting unit that plugs in. Students really liked being able to see them up on the "the big screen," making it like a slide show movie. The story was a big hit and they asked for it again. This time to change it up, I changed the output setting on the document camera to view as a Negative. Doing so flips all the colors like an old reel of film negatives, making blues look yellow and your skin look a haunting green color. Doing this definitely amped up the students' interest. I think this strategy will also be fun when re-reading our Themed readers each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment